The website http://www.expanscience.com provides general information on Laboratoires Expanscience and its products. The website http://www.expanscience.com is aimed at the general public, health professionals and journalists. The information provided on the website http://www.expanscience.com is designed to enhance rather than act as a substitute for direct relationships between website users and health professionals.
The company Expanscience, a French public limited company with a board of directors and a supervisory board with capital of €11,562,528, registered office 1 Place des Saisons – 92048 PARIS La Défense Cedex (France), registered in the Register of Trade and Companies of Nanterre under number 317 586 808 and identified by intra-community VAT no. FR 52 317 586 808 (referred to below as the Company), publishes the Website http://www.expanscience.com (referred to below as the Website). This Website is funded entirely by the company Expanscience.
Mrs Emmanuelle DUMAS, in her capacity as the Company’s Director of Communications, is the Publication Manager for this Website. The contents of this Website are exclusively written by employees of Expanscience: these employees may be health professionals who are employees of Laboratoires Expanscience. The contents of this Website are not written by independent health professionals. The contents are validated, before being published online and when required, by the Pharmaceuticals Affairs Department headed by Mrs Virginie LOURME, Director of Pharmaceuticals Affairs and Pharmacist in charge.
The Website is hosted in Ireland by the company:
Amazon Web Services France
67 Boulevard du Général Leclerc
92110 Clichy – France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 46 17 10 00
And designed by:
Havas Life Paris
29/30 Quai de Dion Bouton
92800 Puteaux - France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 58 47 80 00
And built by:
84 boulevard de Sébastopol
75003 Paris - France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 44 54 52 80
If you encounter any problem whatsoever in using the Website, or have any other question on the Website itself, please contact us:
1 Place des Saisons
92048 PARIS La Défense Cedex - France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 43 34 60 00
Fax: +33 (0)1 43 34 61 00
or via our contact form.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
I. Field of application
Access to the Website and use of its content are subject to these general terms and conditions of use. The fact of accessing and navigating the Website implies your unconditional acceptance of these general terms and conditions of use.
The information on the Website is intended for use by individuals and/or health professionals resident in France. Other countries with regulatory frameworks that differ from the French framework may also access the Website. Website information may then not be appropriate or compliant with regulations outside France.
This Website, together with the information it contains, is neither intended nor approved for use in the United States, or by American citizens or residents.
III. Personal data
With regard to the services it offers on the Website, our Company is likely to collect your personal data through the contact form or during registration for our electronic newsletter. When you provide personal data, you agree to communicate information that is accurate and not detrimental to the interests and/or the rights of third parties. The information requested by our Company is all mandatory unless the form concerned limits the information required to fields preceded by a star. In the case no response to any of these questions or refusal to communicate certain mandatory information on your part, our Company will not be able to send you the newsletter or give you access to the contact form.
If you no longer wish to receive the Expanscience newsletter, you can notify our Company by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" hyperlink that appears at the bottom of each newsletter. In the processing of the personal data related to use of this Website (subscription to the newsletter and contact request), our Company acts as the Data Controller and collects and processes your personal data with regard to General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679.
Our Company is the sole recipient of your personal data with the companies, subsidiaries or sub-subsidiaries established in France or abroad (including outside the European Union) of the Expanscience Group, as well as where appropriate the sub-contractors and partners participating in the services proposed in the Website (including distribution of the newsletter and research conducted with the members of the Circle). The processing of personal data via the Website is solely for the purpose of being able to respond to your requests for contact and the newsletter. The data collected will be stored for a period of three (3) years from the date of collection or from our Company's last contact with you with regard to the processing outlined above.For further information regarding the processing of your personal data and in particular how to exercise your rights, we recommend you read our Confidentiality Charter on the Website.
4.1. What is a cookie?
"Cookies" are tracers placed and read during the browsing of a website (web beacons, pixels, etc.) that allow access to information stored in the device used by a user (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.).
The primary goal of the cookies that we use is to optimise your browsing experience on the website. For example, they allow us to retain your preferences (language, shopping cart, etc.) and your connection data (e.g. IP address, geographic position, type and version of your internet browser, operating system, information on your visits and the use of our website, etc.) while browsing and during subsequent access.
4.2. How long are cookies used?
Except for technical cookies required to browse the website, cookies will only be stored on your device if you agree. If you continue to use the website after seeing the cookies banner displayed on the home page of the website, we consider that you consent to the recording of cookies on your device. This consent is valid for a period of 13 months.
4.3. What cookies do we use?
Cookies issued on the website are used for the purposes described below. They can be removed by us or by third parties.
Technical cookies: These cookies are necessary for browsing. Without them, the website would not work correctly. These cookies allow us, for example, to adapt the presentation of the website to display preferences for your device (language used, display resolution), store passwords and other information relating to a form that you filled out on the website (registration or login to your account).
Statistical cookies: These cookies allow for statistics and visit and use frequencies to be recorded for various components of the website (headings and content visited, acquisition, session duration).
4.4. Managing cookies: accept or refuse
- Click on the menu button and select "Options".
- Select the "Privacy" panel.
- Select the "Storage rules" menu then "Use custom settings for the history".
- Uncheck the "Accept cookies" box.
- All changes you have made will be saved automatically.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-7
- Click the Tools button, and then on "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" tab, and then under "Settings", move the cursor to the top to block all cookies or down to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr
- Select the icon in the Chrome menu.
- Select "Settings".
- At the bottom of the page, select "View advanced settings".
- In the "Privacy" section, select "Content settings".
- Select "Prohibit all sites from storing data".
- Click on "Settings" > "Safari" > "Confidentiality" > "Cookies and website data"
- Then select "Always block".
5. More information on cookies/tracers
You will find more information on the CNIL website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser .
VI. Forecasts and declarations of intent
Statements concerning the future may be included on the Website, made in good faith according to our knowledge and convictions. However, the results actually achieved by our Company may differ widely from these statements, since they depend on a set of factors of a competitive and macroeconomic nature which are outside our Company’s control. Without prejudice to any legal obligations concerning the modification of these prospective statements, our Company has no intention of regularly updating all the prospective statements contained on this Website.
VII. Intellectual property rights
Our Company holds rights to the domain name http://www.expanscience.com. The Website is an intellectual work protected by the laws of intellectual property. The Website as a whole and each of its component elements (such as text, directory structures, software, animations, images, photos, illustrations, diagrams, logos, sounds, music, downloadable bonuses and goodies, etc.) are, unless otherwise specified, the exclusive property of our Company, which has sole authorization to use the related intellectual property rights.
Therefore, under the provisions of the French Intellectual Property Code, the legislative and regulatory provisions of all countries and international agreements, the use of all or part of this Website, notably by downloads, reproduction, transmission, representation or distribution, for purposes other than your personal and private use for non-commercial ends, is strictly forbidden. Any violation of these provisions exposes you to the penalties laid down under the French Intellectual Property Code and the French Criminal Code, notably in respect of copyright and trademark infringement, and under the French Civil Code in respect of third-party liability.
Brands and domain names, as well as the designs and models appearing on the Website, are the exclusive property of our Company unless otherwise stated. These brands, domain names, designs and models may not be used, reproduced or modified in any way or for any reason whatsoever.
Our Company is free to modify Website content at any time and without prior notification.
VIII. Photo credits
Stéphane GIZARD, Alain GOULARD, Jean-Pierre LAGIESKI, Barbara VIGNAUX
R.é.A Agency, Getty Images, Shutterstock.
IX. Warranties and liability
Our Company makes every effort to ensure that the information accessible via the Website is accurate and up to date. However, our Company cannot guarantee in any way that this information is accurate, comprehensive and up to date. Our Company does not provide any express or implied guarantee concerning all or part of the Website. In particular, the information provided on the Website, supplied in whatever capacity, does not in any way constitute a medical opinion. As a result, consulting the pages of this Website in no way exempts you from obtaining advice or consulting a healthcare professional (doctor, pediatrician, pharmacist, etc.).
Under no circumstances shall our Company be held liable for any harm whatsoever, direct or indirect, whatever its cause, origin, nature and/or consequences, arising from consultation and/or use of the Website. In particular, our company accepts no liability in the case of Website interruption or inaccessibility, the occurrence of bugs, or any damage resulting from fraudulent acts by a third party (such as intrusion) using the Website.
Our Company takes action designed to ensure the security of the files containing data of a personal nature collected on the Website. Our Company has no control over the risks associated with Internet operation and draws your attention to the existence of possible risks in terms of the confidentiality of data transmitted via this network.
X. Hypertext links
The pages of this Website may contain hypertext links to other websites operated by third parties. Our hypertext links to third party websites are simply intended to make navigation easier. Our Company has no control over the current or future content of the third party websites to which the hypertext links on the Website lead. Our Company simply makes reference to these third party websites, but does not associate itself in any way with their content.
As a result, our Company accepts no liability (editorial liability in particular) concerning access to and/or the content of third party websites. In particular, our Company accepts no liability concerning any infringement whatsoever of copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights that may result from access to a page via a hypertext link. The liability arising from all illegal, improper or incomplete content on a third party website, and in particular for all harm caused by the use or non-use of this information, lies solely with the publisher of the website concerned, and not with our Company.
Hypertext links to the Website, other than to its home page, may only be created with the prior, written and express authorization of our Company. Such authorization may be withdrawn at any time, without compensation. Under no circumstances may Website pages be embedded in the pages of another website. In all cases, a message must inform users when they are transferred to another website.
XI. YouTube Terms of Service
To read YouTube Terms of Service, please click here.
XII. Modification of these terms
These general terms and conditions of use may be modified at any time, without prior notice. These modifications are published by being put online and are considered unconditionally accepted when you access the Website subsequently. We recommend that you consult this page regularly.
These general terms and conditions of use are established in accordance with French law, in particular the provisions of the French digital economy law 2004-575 dated 21 June 2004, together with law 78-17 dated 6 January 1978 concerning data processing, files and civil liberties.
The French courts have territorial jurisdiction in respect of all disputes related to the Website.
1. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1. What personal data do we process and why?
Below is a list of personal data that we collect from you, the purpose and the legal basis used for that processing.
- Category of persons affected: customers and patients, and anyone wishing to contact our company
- Type of personal data: your title, your first and last name, your e-mail address, your phone number, your mailing address and for the professionals, your company and job title
- Purpose of the processing: the sending of commercial communications (including our newsletter) regarding our products or services and response to any question or request
- Legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest, namely so you benefit from offers on our products and services
We believe that the risk to the personal data that we are processing on the basis of our legitimate interests is controlled and that, mindful of your well-being and respect of your private life, this risk is neither excessive nor intrusive. We have also put in place measures to protect your rights by applying suitable retention periods and by ensuring appropriate security controls.
If you choose not to provide the personal data requested and necessary, we might not be able to provide the services that you have requested or fulfil the purposes for which we requested the personal data. When the provision of personal data is required, we indicate this on the form.
1.2. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
We may be required to share your personal data with various third parties:
- Service providers that support our activity and in particular:
- Providers of hosting and maintenance services;
- Marketing providers (for the sending of the newsletters)
We have carefully selected these service providers and have taken measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data. All our service providers are bound by a written contract to process the personal data provided to them solely for the purpose of providing us with a specific service and to maintain appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
1.3. International transfer of personal data
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside of the European Union.
1.4. How long do we keep your personal data?
We delete the personal data that we collect after a certain duration:
- deleted three years after your last contact with us (for example, a request for documentation or a click on a hyperlink in an email).
Beyond these periods, we may keep your data in databases (without sending marketing email) to meet our tax, accounting and corporate obligations (5 to 10 years maximum).
1.5. Security of your personal data
We have adopted physical, electronic and administrative security measures including the use of extended firewalls and passwords to secure access to personal data. In addition, we restrict access to personal data to employees who have a need to know the information to provide you with the services requested. Any person accessing it is covered by confidentiality obligations and is trained in protecting personal data.
1.6. Your rights
As the data subject, you have different rights. These rights are not absolute and each of these rights is subject to certain conditions in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679 and the applicable national laws (in France, the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 as amended).
- The right of rectification: You can ask us to take measures to correct your personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete (for example, if we have an incorrect name or address).
- The right to erasure: This right allows you, in simple terms, to request the deletion or suppression of your personal data when, for example, we have no more compelling reason to continue to use or their use is now illegal. It is however not a general right to erasure and there are several exceptions, for example when we must use the information to defend a legal action or to be able to comply with a legal obligation.
- The right to limit processing: You have the right to "block" or to prevent the subsequent use of your personal data when we evaluate a request for rectification or as an alternative to the deletion. When processing is limited, we can still keep your personal data, but we can no longer use them.
- The right to portability of data: You have the right to obtain and reuse certain personal data for your own needs in different companies (who are data controllers for distinct data processing). This only applies to personal data that you have provided to us, that we are processing with your consent and that for the purpose of performance of the contract are processed by automated means. In this case, we will provide you with a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, or if you request it we will be able to transmit your data directly to other data controllers (when this is technically possible).
- The right to opposition: You have the right to oppose certain types of treatment, for reasons related to your particular situation, at any time, to the extent that this processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Expanscience. We will be able however to continue to process your personal data if we can demonstrate that the processing is justified by compelling and legitimate grounds that outweigh your interests, your rights and freedoms, or if we need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal actions. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
- The right to withdraw your consent: When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, such a withdrawal does not affect the legality of processing operations that took place before this withdrawal.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
Before assessing your request, we may ask you for additional information to identify you. If you do not provide the requested information and, therefore, we are not able to identify you, we may refuse to respond to your request.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your claim or if you think that the processing of your personal data does not comply with the data protection laws, you can file a complaint before the competent data protection control authority. The National Commission for Data Processing and Civil Liberties (CNIL) is the data protection authority in France (www.cnil.fr).